Weird Sabahan.com PageRank shift – 0 to 6 in just over a month?

April 5, 2006 by

I am not sure what’s really happening here but this is just weird. Today I noticed my Google Toolbar shows Sabahan.com has a PageRank of 6. A large increased from the previous 0 PageRank and at this moment, this blog is not even two months old!

I know the Google toolbar PageRank value may not be very accurate so I double checked the value by querying Google’s various data centers. What I’ve found is interesting, apparently 8 out of the 18 data centers currently agree that Sabahan.com has a PageRank of 6.

Below is the screenshot of my current PageRank status across several data centers.

sabahan_pagerank.gif

I am incline to believe that this is just a bug in the system or perhaps a temporarily fluke during the update. The value may just as well revert back to the correct one later.

But if Sabahan.com PageRank were to increase that much, I am not going to complain. If that’s the case, I’d have to trace my previous steps to find what I’ve done to have my PageRank value increased significantly in a relatively short amount of time. And you my loyal reader will be the first to know any possible findings from this blog.

Several of my other new blogs such as OffbeatEnough.com has also experienced the same increase in their PageRank.

OK, lets just wait and see what will happen in a couple of days after things settle down.

Update:

• Fast forward six hours from my initial posting, now 14 out of 18 datacenters are showing a PageRank 6 for sabahan.com!!
  • I also noticed Google has started indexing links pointing to Sabahan.com. But my last check showed Google has reverted back to no results again.
  • Google Toolbar displays 0 PageRank again but the datacenters have shown an increased in the number of datacenters that say 6 PageRank

My feeling is that this volatility is just temporary before I get my official, perhaps lower PageRank but it’s still intriguing to see how the system can fluctuate so much within a short period of time.

sabahan_pagerank_2.gif

This is getting interesting…

Comments

Comment by LcF
2006-04-05 13:14:01

Google toolbar shows PR6 :)

Comment by ShaolinTiger
2006-04-05 14:31:44

Yah it shows 6 for me too, would wait a while I doubt you have 6 as only blogs like jeffooi.com have 6, most are 5, good ones 4.

When all the datacentres show the same number you know its stable, the toolbar comes out with some weird numbers sometimes.

Comment by doraemon
2006-04-05 15:11:25

wow.. cool man.. i never had this high pr if system is going wrong. :( your blog is cool.

Comment by Pascal
2006-04-05 15:12:11

Intriguing, something to watch for. One could make the argument that each datacenter has only a fragmented view of the web, and it is only when they put everything together that they come up with the “official” page rank.
Please keep us posted!

Comment by Patrick
2006-04-05 15:50:35

Wau, what a leap.
Should post how you managed to get this achievement.

Comment by pinolobu
2006-04-05 23:41:49

gaman, you *are* making e-waves. some heavyweights of the malaysian blog scene are making regular comments here. hope you get your platinum card soon.

Comment by mrbadak
2006-04-06 09:34:03

ya bah… putung jalan bah kao kekeke.

2006-04-06 12:01:42

Hi guys thanks for the comments. Apparently all datacenters now agree that Sabahan.com and OffbeatEnough.com have PageRank 6! Even then I expect the system will correct itself soon. Even my 9 years old site still has PR5.

mrbadak, apa buli buat bah, aku pun inda mau komplen ni hehehe.

Comment by ross dalangin
2006-06-21 12:38:28

wow that’s cool…i like it…i hope my sites http://www.articlesdigest.com , http://www.isulong-seoph-philippines.com , http://www.webquartet.com and http://www.dalangin.com becomes pagerank 6 too. hope this link help me. thanks!

Comment by Buster Knutz
2006-07-05 07:59:08

Same thing happened to me. Gone from 0 to 7 in a month and a half. However, toolbar shows 0, but the datacenters show PR7. Send and email if you’ve got any idea why this happens. Cause I’m no expert.
Buster