Survey of Internet Explorer 7 Beta 2 Reviews: No good
April 14, 2006 by Gaman
A recent survey conducted by Email Battles writes the much awaited Internet Explorer 7 beta 2 has attracted some bad reviews. Some of the complaints include:
Beyond “buggy, buggy, buggy,” analysts decry that:
• Editing Favorites requires using classic menus;
• Psychotic graphics rendering renders some sites useless;
• Colors, buttons and alignment of graphics are mismatched;
• The Tabs feature is awkward and severely limited, and;
• Toolbar customization is scatalogical.
Nonetheless, we need to keep things in perspective, i.e this is a beta release, not a release candidate. Therefore it’s not unexpected to encounter some bugs in such version.
I’ve installed IE 7 Beta 1 on my computer to see how it renders my sites. I discovered bugs in it and it corrupted some of the browser related functionalities of my Yahoo Messenger. As a result IE remains as my secondary browser for now.
Even then, I can see its potential to seriously challenge Firefox if Microsoft could release a stable release soon.
I am not a die hard fan of Firefox or anti IE. Any browser that comes out on top will be my main browser regardless of who makes it.