I am switching back to Internet Explorer

May 4, 2006 by

I am a browser convert. I like Firefox so much I made it my default browser to replace my previous favorite browser, Internet Explorer.

However, lately I’ve been experiencing weird problems with Firefox. It crashes without warning while I was browsing my Bloglines feed. I really hate this especially when I’ve opened several tabs and getting ready to write.

I also hate the occasional Firefox memory leaks problem. I know there are some plugins to help me minimize this but why would I need to use a plugin for that?

Now I am starting to use IE again, lets see if it crashes when put under the same stress.

Comments

Comment by menj
2006-05-04 17:27:14

Congratulations! I hate Firefox anyway :p But if you missed the tab-browsing options, try Opera.

- MENJ

Comment by LcF
2006-05-04 17:48:04

create a new firefox profile will usually solve some weird crash problems.

Comment by Planet Malaysia
2006-05-04 21:24:50

Sorry I won’t use IE. I use either Firefox or Opera only. Try upgrade ur firefox to latest release.

2006-05-04 21:58:22

MENJ: I am using the latest version of IE with tab browsing

LcF: Thanks for the suggestion. I might give it a try if IE fails me :)

PlanetMalaysia: My Firefox is updated automatically.

Anyway, I am still using Firefox for normal browsing but for browsing my Bloglines feed, I’ll use IE. It works fine so far :)

Comment by pinolobu
2006-05-05 12:12:45

gaman, may i know what u use to write your blogs? do u use a blogging software or straight via web?

2006-05-05 15:50:44

I tried Performancing for Firefox but I dislike it. At the moment I’ve to log on to write, not very productive.. hehe.. Anyway, will test several blogging software soon.

Comment by Thilak
2006-05-06 18:21:01

Don’t Switch to IE, Because It has its own problem.

Even i had the same prob with Firefox until i found a extension called Crash Recovery

Crash Recovery automatically restores all opened pages after a crash happened. It is an “install and forget” extension which you will only notice right after the occasional crash.

You can download this extension from

Its just a 21 KB XPI file

I hope this helps you

2006-05-08 02:22:35

What I dislike about IE, particularly the latest version, is that it’s slow. It’s feel like using a bloatware.

I’ll give the plugin a try, it looks like a life saver. Thanks!