Matt Answers More SEO Questions On Google Video
August 3, 2006 by Gaman
Matt Cutts posted three more video sessions on Google Video answering some SEO (Search Engine Optimization) questions.
Session 4: Static vs. Dynamic URLs
- Static vs. Dynamic urls: does PageRank flow the same to both? What pitfalls should I avoid with dynamic urls?
- Can Sitemaps alert webmasters when their site has been hacked?
- Can I do geotargetting within Google’s Quality Guidelines?
Session 5: How to structure a site?
- Merging acquired domains with 301s?
- How to create a site architecture with themes and keywords?
- My urls have too many parameters–can I serve up static HTML to Googlebot instead?
- How to do split A/B testing?
Session 6: All about Supplemental Results
- Should I worry about results estimates for 1) supplemental results 2) using the site: operator 3) with negated terms and 4) special syntax such as intitle: ? Answer: No. That’s pretty far off the beaten path.
- Why do 301s take so long to be reflected in supplemental results? It’s been months.
- I started appearing in the supplemental results in May–should I be worried?