I Am Still Here But…

November 2, 2006 by

One of my readers emailed me the other day asking how I’ve been doing and if there’s any updates coming up soon.

I guess I share some news here for those who have been wondering if I am still alive or not LOL.

If you’ve followed my earlier posts, I am in the midst of helping my parent renovating their house. This past few weeks have been especially hectic since the deadline is fast approaching. What deadline? Well someone in my family is getting married; and no it’s not me LOL.

Anyway, I’ve been spending less time online lately and I feel I’ve missed a lot of happenings online.

I know, I could’ve used the late nights to blog but as I said before, I find it’s harder to get into the right frame of mind when I’ve been all over the place during the day checking out the contractor, traveling to KK looking for building materials, managing budget etc.

Sometimes I feel lucky that I am self employed otherwise I’ll be fired already for keeping myself busy with personal project while working for someone else. Now I could take all the time I want to do what I want to do as long as I remain productive that is.

For the time being I only log on to monitor my server, answers customer emails, check out the local weather report and my forums. However this does not mean that I abandon Sabahan.com totally. I still reply emails and moderate comments here.

I have my assistance to work on some other stuff but updating Sabahan.com is not one of them unfortunately.

So in a mean time, if you are looking for building materials around KK, I could recommend some good places where you can get some good and reasonably priced materials.

Normalcy will return at the end of November and hopefully my regular posting habit will prevail by then. I hope I do not keep you waiting for too long. Hey I’ll post once in a while orait? :)

Comments

Comment by mrbadak
2006-11-03 09:14:18

ihhh i’m also starting to get busy this.. now that the OC for my new house is out… maybe you can email me your list when you are free.. esp the shop name, location and materials they supply… thx kio!

Comment by pinolobu
2006-11-08 23:06:17

i’m going to be even busier than you 2, i’m building my own house from scratch. once the bottleneck at land n survey is sorted out of course.

so that list would come in handy to check out. tq.

2006-11-08 23:42:46

mrbadak: I’ll list their address here soon since there are two request already ;)

pinolubu: I guess you are luckier than me since you live in KK. Everything is within easy reach.

2006-11-09 01:13:24

OK here goes. These are the ones that I’ve purchased from.

Tiles and Bathroom Accessories

Jang Lung SDN BHD
Jalan Penampang, Mile 5 ( About 50 meters opposite KDCA)
Tel: 088-714014, 088-719078

MG Marble & Tiling SDN BHD
Lot 2, Jalan Ulam Raja, Jalan Lintas, Kolombong.
Tel: 088-386150, 387150
(Opposite the Mitsubshi showroom of Jalan Lintas)

Wood Materials & Wood Products

Kilang Papan Hiong Tiong SDN BHD
11.2 Km Jalan Tuaran, Inanam. Tel: 088-429822, 429823

Iron and Metals

Hong Sing Industries
KM 9, Jalan Tuaran
088-421600/1/2
(The junction just before the UMW building)
Good for rod iron, BRC, fencing, angle bars

Kozai Trading SDN BHD
7 Miles, Jalan Tuaran
Tel 088-422696
(About 100 meters after Hiong Tiong)
Good for GI pipes, square tubes, angle bars etc

Water Filter & Purification

Delcol United Marketing

Lot 23, Ground Floor, Block C, Lintas Square, Jalan Lintas KK.
Tel: 088-318388

Wiring, Lighting, Electrical Equipments

Capital Electric Supplies Co
Lot 5, Lorong Inanam Baru 9, Inanam Baru, Jalan Tuaran
Tel:088-437358, 431912

Roofing Materials

Steelon Marketing SDN BHD
Lot 2, Jalan Limau Manis, Off Jalan Lintas, Off Mile 5, Jalan Tuaran
(Follow the Puspakom junction)
088-428484

City Top Enterprise SDN BHD
Lorong Burung Keleto, 51/2 Mile, Jalan Tuaran, Inanam
088-423333, 429199
(Some products are cheaper than Steelon’s but quality may differ. I ended up buying from Steelon)

Comment by mrbadak
2006-11-09 08:13:44

thx gaman. wah… all of us becoming bob the builder.. kekeke..

Comment by Rombituon Subscribed to comments via email
2010-04-14 16:10:30

Bah pounsikou Gaman. Thanks for the info esp the phone no. I just called Jang Lung to find out about tiles. Wanadan no daa mantad sawat.