I am The Winner of The UK National Lottery!

February 21, 2007 by

My dream to win a lottery has finally come true! I was alerted today by the following email.

We happily announce to you the draw (#963) of the UK NATIONAL LOTTERY,online Sweepstakes International program held on the 20th of Febuary, 2007.

Your e-mail address attached to ticket number:56475600545 188, with Serial number 5368/02, drew the lucky numbers:02-05-13-30-39-49-03(bonus no.), which subsequently won you the lottery in the 2nd category i.ematch 5 plus bonus.You have therefore been approved to claim a total sum of £500,000 (Five hundred thousand pounds sterling) in cash credited to file KTU/9023118308/03.

This is from a total cash prize of £2,000,000 shared amongst the first four (4) lucky winners in this category i.e Match 5 plus bonus.All participants for the online version were selected randomly from World Wide Web sites through computer draw system and extracted from over 100,000 unions, associations, and corporate bodies that are listed online. This promotion takes place periodically.For security reasons, you are advised to keep your winning information confidential till your claim is processed and your money remitted to you in whatever manner you deem fit to claim your prize. This is part of our precautionary measure to avoid double claiming and unwarranted abuse of this program.Please be warned!

To file your claim do contact our emails ianhilton1@yahoo.comand ianhilton1@myway.com

Yours faithfully,
Brian Hunt.
Online coordinator
UK NATIONAL LOTTERY,
Sweepstakes International Program

So I’ve won 500,000 pounds sterling which is equivalent to RM3.5 million. As far as I can remember, my last purchase of the UK National Lottery was in 1998 when I was a poor University student in London, just trying my luck and for the fun of it, never been lucky though until today LOL

Now I just have to fill out a form with my personal details which is apparently part of their precautionary measure to make sure they are paying the right person.

Now that I am a millionaire, do you think I should continue running this blog?

Comments

Comment by rauff
2007-02-21 12:48:24

You can’t really believe that…. for one thing if it is true the e-mail should come from a proper source with a letterhead.

I recieved a few my self but c’mon who are we kidding right? You should know better.

Comment by hadi
2007-02-21 13:11:14

your cheque will also come in th e-mail. How are you going to cash it??? Wake up man, after you pay your processing fee, that’s the last you ‘ll hear from them…

Comment by Joneh
2007-02-21 14:03:30

gaman..just teasing u all. Hahahaha. dont u get it? great stuff gaman. nothing like a title of this sort to cheer me. or probably to tickle others. Hahahhaa. and you all think Gaman that stupid, eh? ;)

and BTW, if u a millionaire already gaman. dont forget me, ok. your true loyalist. ;D

2007-02-22 19:59:59

I wish I were a millionaire LOL

Comment by Ben
2007-02-21 14:27:23

Hey Dude,

First off,big congratulations for winning the big one.
Now that you are 3 times millionaire, can I wish for you to donate(actually to help with with saddling debts of RM230,000 -dfinitely not through gambling)? I guess a thousand and one guys may have approached you,but then again,you are at liberty to decide which is genuine and which is not -IF you decide to be generous.
I look forward to your kind and sympathetic heart. I can try the lotteries,but shining star is not directed at me ….for sooooooo long.

Goodbye and good luck once again. Or maybe got luck..once again.

Sob sad.

2007-02-22 20:01:32

Ben, I see what I can do hehe. nah just joking.

Comment by Kay Kastum
2007-02-21 14:39:02

Huiyo…very lucky ah. You can start a fund to help bloggers who need money to maintain their website because of Adsense tidak cukup quota lagi.. ha ha

2007-02-22 20:03:01

perhaps create a new blog network for Malaysia

Comment by mrBadak
2007-02-22 09:18:47

aisey…. let me know how you got the money k. i have a few other emails containing my fortunes (spain lottery and an important guy who went RIP without any heirs)… if you can get the $, then I’ll proceed to claim mine too.

then together we jet off to the bahamas and cut off our internet connection for 3 years while we finish our money dollar by dollar… hmmmmmmmmmmmmm…

2007-02-22 20:05:21

How I wish LOL

Comment by pinolobu
2007-02-22 10:03:51

Judging from all the offers from Nigerians (and others, even one who claimed to be a member of the Brunei royal family) and national lottery winnings from various countries and corporations that I’ve received in the last several years, I’m already a US dollar billionaire…

2007-02-22 20:06:06

we all are aren’t we :)

Comment by mirul
2007-02-22 17:10:40

better check first..

2007-02-22 19:58:36

wow thanks for the feedbacks. If you have not realised it already, this post is supposed to be a joke. Poking fun at the dumb spammer.

Comment by carla
2007-02-28 13:29:44

Hey I got the same e-mail..I have been telling them they are spam to see what they will write back..They can’t spell to save themselves..it’s quite funny to see what they come up with..They told me they were going to contact the FBI on the matter. What will the FBI do? All they want is money, they did lower the amount from $1200 to $500.

Comment by Azmeen
2007-02-28 19:31:32

Emails are nothing.

I actually got a snail mail (yes, physical envelope) from “Euro Milliones” stating that I won probably 5% of Tan Sri Syed Mokhtar’s networth through some lottery which I never even joined :P

Comment by tracie
2007-03-12 03:25:29

I’ve had a simular e mail – its a scam isnt it? I havent bought a lottery ticket for ages!!

Comment by yasmiiin1 Subscribed to comments via email
2007-07-18 20:27:22

am i winner?

Comment by Tatiana
2007-08-21 22:38:37

Its FANTASTIC! Im a millionaire… Great LUCK! Thank you for such cheerful information!

Comment by greg
2007-09-21 02:21:06

win you win a lotto arent you just supose to collect your winnings. not through these guys, you have to pay.