Have You Taken Advantage of the AdSense Link Unit Yet?

February 28, 2007 by

I don’t know about you but the AdSense Link Unit has been working quite well for me. While it’s not the most profitable ad unit, it still contributes a significant portion of my total AdSense revenue.

The Inside Google AdSense team has published a case study over at their blog about how a publisher is doubling her AdSense revenue by using a 468×15 link unit.

I’ve published an article previously how I use the 468×15 link unit as an additional navigation bar to increase my AdSense revenue. Check it out here.

Comments

Comment by Azmeen
2007-02-28 16:03:36

Tried the link units before, but found it to be underperforming on my blog.

Now that I’m getting more traffic, I guess it’s worth trying for the second time ’round.

Comment by Azmeen
2007-02-28 19:07:33

Wow… within hours of integrating the link units, I’ve already made US$0.25 from them.

Thanks for the heads up! :)

Comment by ShaolinTiger
2007-02-28 19:12:47

Yes some days half of my earnings (which is considerable) comes from this unit.

It’s a good performer if you integrate it properly.

Comment by mirul
2007-02-28 21:39:35

I should try this.. thanks for the tips :-)

Comment by Zigire Subscribed to comments via email
2007-03-01 02:17:04

I’ve experimented with it and found it to be ineffective. I think that’s down to the sites I have it running on, however.

Comment by Azmeen
2007-03-01 13:40:29

Zigire,

That was my conclusion the last time I tried them. They were simply underperforming compared to the other ad formats I displayed.

However, probably due to my current theme, or the traffic I currently enjoy, or both, they’re definitely a viable revenue generator.

2007-03-01 17:10:47

wow…my property site is also having half of the income from the text link

Comment by James Subscribed to comments via email
2007-03-01 20:22:33

On my site I’m using the other style of link unit, and it blends in quite well. it looks like a menu structure, and I think this is why it performs so well.

About 70% of my AdSense income actually comes from that link unit, so yip, I fully agree that link units are king. Though not many people like the vertical unit.