JohnChow.com Blog Made $7,011.05 in February

March 2, 2007 by

As usual at the end of each month, today John Chow publishes the breakdown of his earning for the month of February. Despite the shorter number of days in the month of February and the lower number of visitors as compared to the record month of October 2006, the blog has made more money in February, $7011.05 to be exact.

What I like about John’s blog is that he tells you nearly everything how he monetizes his blog. Anyone can copy his methods, write about what he writes and one probably end up making as much as him.

Writing is one thing and getting the traffic is another. He started getting famous when several of his posts got into the Digg’s front page. Apparently some people didn’t like it and banned him from submitting stories to Digg. His blog has been unbanned recently.

To attract traffic, he runs contests actively, rewards his top commentators, offer incentives in various forms, advertise his blog on AdWords, ask people to review his blog in return for a link from his blog besides inspire people from his writing.

The breakdown of his February earnings shows that ReviewMe was the biggest money maker, mostly as a result of the 50% off ReviewMe coupon. Google AdSense enjoys an increase of 182% from $536.58 to $977.60.

He received 127, 614 unique visitors in February, an average of 4253.8 visitors daily.

Now that I am and everyone else is writing about John Chow’s income, this will do nothing but increase his subscribers count and traffic even more.

Will you reveal your blog income in order to get attention? If I make enough money from my blog, perhaps over USD1000 monthly, I’ll probably do that. :) Such post could be an inspiration to others don’t you think?

Comments

Comment by John Chow
2007-03-02 11:21:57

Hey! Thanks for the post! :)

Comment by Starwing
2007-03-02 12:38:17

Thanks!

Comment by Joneh
2007-03-02 14:58:12

interesting post gaman. We’ve discussed this at LiewCF.com would you tell your income? Would you show your cheque? I always believe that by showing off your income, you indirectly or probably directly increase your traffic even more. I love Johnchow.com blog. anything start with John is my favourite. Hahaha. He’s awesome in what he does. especially the adwords between him and Darren. pretty cool trick between them. i just love them both. and of coz u too gaman. i dont have such blog. mine totally different. if not, i’ll be talking here and there, front and back about all these.. and definitely getting curious cat to go to my blog. the conclusion. shows your income, only when it makes more than others. Johnchow.com is one of them! the best!

2007-03-02 15:42:59

wow….another break through for him

I think if you make a huge leap…then you could show your income…but for people like liew..he made it though gradual time. While John did it in a year.

Comment by Kay Kastum
2007-03-02 17:53:34

When I receive my cheque..I will definitely tell the whole world how long it took me..ha ha. That will surely inspire people a lot.. :D or break their spirit..

Comment by dan1el
2007-03-03 23:36:54

John’s starting to print money with his blog. Good for him. He does put alot of effort into it and seems like a genuinly nice person.