Do You Give Your Real Email When Leaving a Comment In a Blog?

May 11, 2007 by

I usually do. But sometimes I wondered if such ‘openness’ could be abused by certain blog owners who may harvest commentators’ emails and sell them to spammers.

Thankfully that hasn’t happened yet. The email that I am using is still relatively spam free. May be both my server’s Spam Assassin and Outlook junk e-mail filter have been doing a good job shielding me from the wrath of those spam devils.

How about you? Do you trust blog owners by giving your real email when leaving a comment?

Do you give your real email when leaving a comment in a blog?
View Results

Comments

Comment by CypherHackz
2007-05-11 14:12:15

i use my real email on every websites that i give comment. with that, the webmaster will recognize me or they can contact me if they need helps or opinions from me.

Comment by Kay Kastum
2007-05-11 14:59:15

Same here. Gmail does a good job in filtering spams for me.

Comment by Steve Yu
2007-05-11 15:19:51

I give my real email too. There is no point giving out fake email, right?

Comment by kuanhoong
2007-05-11 15:42:17

Yes, I give out my real email when I leave comment.

So please don’t spam me :-)

Comment by Turk
2007-05-11 16:10:39

I always do. But of course you hv to trust the blog owner first :)

Comment by fazli
2007-05-11 17:02:50

i use my real email every time leave comment :)

Comment by shah
2007-05-12 08:31:18

i give a real email but not the important email address. i have more than 5 email, so usually when leave comment on blog, i give yahoo mail.the gmail i keep safe. haha…

Comment by Wahlau.NEt
2007-05-12 10:55:47

i use my real email but the email is forwarded to gmail therefore there is no worries for spam as filter is pretty good with Gmail.

Comment by icy
2007-05-12 14:08:29

Why not? yes, i always give true email because i want to subscribe to future comments as well.

Comment by papajoneh Subscribed to comments via email
2007-05-15 09:46:40

real email of coz with anti spam activated, ip identifier. :)

Comment by toxicle
2007-05-15 11:13:29

No I don’t leave my real email but depending on which site …

Comment by Jasraj Sandhu
2007-05-15 11:57:47

I usually on give away my email address (for plain viewing) when I either trust the website/blog or they have a clear No Spamming policy.

Alternately if you do not want to release your email at all, there’s always those throw-away email accounts you can sign up for.

2008-04-23 02:04:54

February 14th, 2006 at 9: 53 am Feedblitz seemed to be the best I could find (feedburner integration is a bonus). With the paid version I don’ t get the heavy orange branding Mike speaks of, but I’ ve always wanted more in relation to the frequency. I want a console that allows me to do scheduling. More importantly, I want to check off which articles to include in the mailout. Email fatigue sets in quickly and blasting off every single post is a sure fire way to keep your churn rate high. The other question…