Display Your Most Popular Posts With Popularity Contest for WordPress
July 9, 2007 by Gaman
While he wasn’t required to write a long review, he chose to do so and the review turns out to be one of the most useful reviews I’ve received so far.
In his review, he suggested that I install Popularity Contest, a plugin for WordPress that helps blog owners to see which of their posts are most popular.
Actually, this plugin was already installed at Sabahan.com, but it’s somewhat hidden in the Archive page. I was considering removing it when it stopped ranking popular pages properly. Then, I found out later that all I need to do to fix this was to reset the comments/trackback/ping counts.
When a new visitor visits your blog, it’s important to have your best content readily accessible for them and the Popularity Contest plugin will increase those posts visibility.
So to make sure popular posts don’t get buried, I’ve decided to place the top 10 most popular ones on the sidebar which appears only when you visit a Category page.
For example, the most popular posts in the AdSense category at the moment are the following. I am sure, as drizad says this handy list could increase my blog’s page view and keep them a little longer here.
- Adsense Tips For Bloggers
- How Blogging Increases My AdSense Income
- AdSense Tips: Use Link Unit as an ‘Additional Navigation Bar’
- What does it takes to make USD 3000 monthly from Adsense
- Bloggers Can Make Money, But Most Keep Their Day Jobs
- Interview with a guy who makes US10,000 daily via Adsense.
- How A Blogger Made US 3,400.66 From His Blog In January 2007
- Have You Taken Advantage of the AdSense Link Unit Yet?
- Can You Spot the AdSense Ads?
- Top paying Adsense keywords list and how you can profit from it
In addition, I’ve listed 50 of the most popular posts at Sabahan.com on the Archive page for easy reference.