Google AdSense Payment via Western Union Is Now Available to All Malaysian Publishers

September 29, 2007 by

About a year ago I wrote about Google running a pilot involving some Malaysian AdSense publishers getting their AdSense payments via Western Union Quick Cash.

I was one of lucky Malaysian publishers to be selected for the pilot and I’ve been getting my AdSense payments via Western Union Quick Cash ever since.

Western Union Quick Cash is a payment option that lets you receive your AdSense payments in cash via the worldwide Western Union money transfer service.

The best thing about it is that – no more long clearing time, which is often over a month associated with checks deposit to cash out your AdSense payments. It’s also cheap – well it’s free for the pilot participants anyway. I am not sure whether a fee will be introduced when this payment method is out of pilot.

Payments will be available for pick up at your local Western Union Agent the day after they are sent according to the normal payment schedule. That’s right, just one day waiting time!

However, since the option to opt for Western Union Quick Cash has always been available in my account since the pilot, I’m uncertain whether this option is now finally opened for everyone after the following entry was added into their Help Center recently

Currently there’s no entry regarding this update in AdSense blog. Perhaps people are getting notified via email?

Is Western Union available in my country?

Payment by Western Union Quick Cash is currently available in the following countries and areas:

• China (Mainland)
  • Malaysia
  • Pakistan
  • Romania
  • Philippines
  • Argentina
  • Chile
  • Peru
  • Colombia

Though we may offer Western Union to a wider set of publishers in the future, we do not have a date for when this may become available. We appreciate your patience as we expand this payment option.

To find out whether this option is available in your account, login to your AdSense account, go to Account Settings under the My Account tab, then click the [edit] link next to the Payment Details. If you see the following, then you can now use Western Union Quick Cash.

adsense-wu.png

From their Help Center

How do I pick up my Western Union Quick Cash payment?

In order to pick up your payment by Western Union Quick Cash, please complete the following steps:

1. Visit http://www.payment-solutions.com/agent.asp to locate a Western Union Agent.
  2. Call the Western Union Agent to confirm that they offer the Quick Cash service.
  3. Bring the following information with you:

- a valid government-issued photo ID (Passport, Driver’s license, National ID etc)
– sender’s information: Google Inc. 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View , California 94043 , USA . Phone Number: 650-253-4000
– amount of your payment, which you can find on your Payment History page
– your unique MTCN (Money Transfer Control Number) which you can find by clicking on the ‘details’ link next to the Payment Issued line on your Payment History page

When you go to the Western Union agent, please let them know that you would like to pick up a Quick Cash payment. Additionally, please remember to pick up your Western Union payment within 35 days of the payment date, or the amount will be credited back to your AdSense account.

I personally use CIMB Bank to pick up my payment. All I need to do is complete the receive payment form and produce a photocopy of my IC. With the MTCN supplied, I don’t even have to put in Google’s full address/phone/amount – I guess the teller is familiar with the routine already.

While the payment is in US dollars, I could have it converted into Malaysian Ringgit and pick up as cash or have it deposited into my bank account. Quick and easy.

Update: I’ve received the following email from Google this morning. So I can confirm that this payment option is now available to all Malaysian AdSense publishers

Thank you for your support and and participation in the Western Union Quick Cash beta launch. We truly appreciate your helping us test out this feature. Based on your feedback, we’re happy to let you know that this new form of payment will now be available to all publishers with individual accounts in Malaysia.

Your account will continue to be set to receive your payments by Western Union Quick Cash so there is no action necessary on your part. Please feel free to provide any additional feedback on your experience with this payment method at any time.

Update 2: To help people opt for this payment method, the following is an instruction from AdSense Help Center

How do I sign up to receive my AdSense payments by Western Union?

If you would like to receive your earnings by Western Union Quick Cash, please complete the following steps:

1. Sign in to your account at www.google.com/adsense .
  2. Visit the My Account tab.
  3. Click the ‘edit’ link adjacent to the ‘Payment Details’ header.
  4. Select the Western Union Quick Cash radio button.
  5. Click ‘Continue’.
  6. Click ‘Save Changes’ to save your payment type.

Please make sure that the name on your account exactly matches that on the government issued ID card that you will bring to pick up your Western Union Quick Cash payments. If you need to update your payee name in your account, please let us know and we will be happy to help you to do so.

Also, please note that we are unable to guarantee payment for the next payment cycle in this form if your selection was made after the 15th of the month. For example, to ensure payment by Western Union Quick Cash for your March earnings, please complete the steps above before April 15th.

Comments

Comment by vangardx
2007-09-29 02:25:22

wah..finally we dont have to wait for 3-4 weeks to clear those cheque..using this western union..just answer the question and answer..then tada..kaching kaching kaching :D

Comment by Rauff
2007-09-29 02:50:13

YAY~! Yahoo~!! Whoopieee~!!! So when will our local banks accept PayPal services. Now that would be really something~!

Comment by Jaxon S Subscribed to comments via email
2007-09-29 04:24:40

there’s one little problem, though, for me at least… my adsense income is still too far down south to benefit from the western union facility.

got to find ways to north up the graph soon so that i can go western ;)

Comment by Alb
2007-09-29 10:22:22

interesting and helpful info, TQ. :D

Comment by Raymond.CC
2007-09-29 11:55:13

Thanks for the info.

Comment by iry
2007-09-29 12:45:39

Thanks for the tips!

Should we apply for the Western Union Quick Cash in google payment details first or do the things listed in “How do I pick up my Western Union Quick Cash payment?”?

2007-09-29 13:22:31

You need to apply first to take advantage of this payment method. Otherwise Google will continue to send you checks.

Comment by iry
2007-09-29 13:04:40

Sorry, here are some follow up questions: :)

1. your unique MTCN (Money Transfer Control Number) which you can find by clicking on the ‘details’ link next to the Payment Issued line on your Payment History page ( does this referring to the “Payment Number” after I clicked on the ‘details’ because I don’t see any MTCN phrase in that page )

2. amount of your payment, which you can find on your Payment History page ( Which amount that we should referring to? this month payment ? – but I thought this month payment already been issued? Or should be the next month payment? *confused* )

3. And just to verify my understanding, we need to go to the local Western Union Agent every month to pick up our cheque and then only deposit it normally in CIMB bank?

Thanks again!

Comment by iry
2007-09-29 16:09:59

Hi gaman, thanks for clearing some of my doubts. To sum it up – I would need to apply in the google payment first, then wait for the next Payment Number and only apply to the Western Union Agent later on? Please let me know if the “process” correct? :D

And by the way, you mention that click on
detail’ besides the “Payment Issued” on the payment that we would like to have payment by Western Union Agent, but at that time, our payment would have already been issued by cheque when the “payment issued” phrase appear on the screen.

Have I miss something? :P

2007-09-30 13:25:40

1. Yes

2. I hope I understand your question correctly :) After you opt for Western Union Quick Cash in your AdSense account, the process will start for the next payment. Just refer to the Payment Issued details whether it’s by check or WU.

Comment by iry
2007-09-30 22:01:31

ok.. :P I think I got it right this time. Thanks!

2007-09-29 13:18:27

1. Correct

2. Yes it will start next month because the current month’s payment has been issued.

3. Yes – that is if you’ve reached the minimum payment threshold. You can pick up cash too. You don’t have to have an account with CIMB or the bank where you utilise the Western Union service at.

Comment by Kay
2007-09-29 14:03:33

I am a bit confused too.

Let say my account reaches USD100 in September. Google needs 1 month to issue the cheque. Normally they send the cheque on 1st of November. Reach here is around 3rd week of November. Then we bank the cheque in takes another 1 month. In the end we will get the pay of September in the 3rd week of December. Moreover, we have to pay the bank for transaction fee.

Now, anyone tell me what happen if I select to receive my payments via Western Union Quick Cash?

2007-09-29 14:39:35

In my case, Google usually takes less than a month to issue a check for the previous month payments.

In case of Western Union, September payment will be issued around Oct 26 and you can pick it up on the 27 at CIMB or any Western Union agent.

Comment by Mr. Rajawang
2007-09-30 08:38:22

I have never use any sending or receiving using western union b4, if it is that easy to cashin in my adsense earning, well slap me sill!, call me sally! Hooray!

I heard pos besar kk got western union agent?

2007-09-30 13:28:25

I think so.

2007-09-29 14:29:24

I’ll give my happy comments when Google says “hey, finally we can pay you”! :D

Anyway, this should save lot’s of time for lotsa people.

Comment by WTJ
2007-09-29 17:01:37

I’d prefer EFT in Malaysia, but not through some 3rd party.

Comment by pinvader
2007-09-29 17:16:39

how much do cimb charge for Western Union Quick Cash?

2007-09-29 18:46:31

AFAIK FOC

Comment by BlogsTheme.com
2007-09-29 17:56:37

This is great news for the people in those countries. But my question is, how much of your earnings do you have to pay in order to get your money this way?

2007-09-30 13:34:03

As long as you met the minimum threshold you will be paid.

Comment by KennyP Subscribed to comments via email
2007-09-29 19:56:11

Great news for Malaysian publisher.

Does it involve any charges or fees? Can I get full amount of my Adsense earning by this way?

2007-09-30 13:18:20

AFAIK it’s FOC. Your AdSense earning won’t be deducted. I think Google is absorbing the WU fees for the time being, not sure if this will change anytime soon.

Comment by MYBlog
2007-09-30 06:58:50

I have opted for this WU

Comment by papajoneh
2007-09-30 21:35:04

Aikkk… is this for real?
I got my check every month but it is really troublesome to go through my bank and the charges some more.

Where can i get the local WU in KK? I’m totally dumb at this. I hope its quicker and clean process.

Comment by Mr. Rajawang
2007-09-30 21:38:52

This is real. This is not October fools day right.. ahahha :)

2007-09-30 21:45:53

It’s October fools … NOT hehe

Comment by papajoneh
2007-09-30 22:01:45

Ok, i found it already… either can use the CIMB at the Api-Api, we can also go to the Kompleks Kuwasa Karamunsing. Ok, next payment will be coming from them. Thanks for this info Gaman. :D

2007-09-30 21:53:29

Update: Apparently you have to make your selection before 15 of September to guarantee payment for the next payment cycle.

Comment by papajoneh
2007-09-30 22:05:32

ok, thanks again. Yep, mine already on the way snail mail style.. so next one then. Thanks Gaman. This is getting interesting.

I hope Paypal do the same. Haha.

2007-09-30 23:02:17

Coincidently, a post about PayPal will be published here tomorrow. It’s on the scheduled entries

Comment by mrBadak Subscribed to comments via email
2007-10-01 10:49:17

wah wat a happy monday morning today lah… i just saw this post after the one abt paypal! yipee now i can get my $ fasterrrr.. however, my name on my account a lil bit diffrent with my MyKad, so im requesting google to change my payee name first.. hopefully that will go smoothly..

thanks for the info gaman! *cant stop grinning*

2007-10-02 10:08:07

woohoo…i have done it…now waiting for next month

Comment by sns
2007-10-02 23:52:43

Ooooh ..tks Gaman for this!! Was always waiting over ONE month for the cheques to be cleared at Maybank!!
This will be such a great Fix!! Will apply it for it now! : )

Tks and keep sharing all these great tips! :)

Comment by Mr. Rajawang
2007-10-03 13:30:36

I usually wait for 5 weeks for cheque clearance from Bank Muamalat.. no wonder they charge RM5 only! hahaha :)

Comment by ellynleow
2008-03-14 23:41:18

Thanks for the info. Will try this out once I’m eligible.

Comment by ben
2008-04-25 01:28:20

thanks for the good info.. :) .. can’t wait to get my 1st adsense payment..

Comment by Lucky Subscribed to comments via email
2008-12-25 04:18:34

Hi…

Dear Friends i’m new to Google Adsense, and recently i got $4.89 in my account, but after 30 minutes i just login to my adsense account and now i have only $1.88 in my Adsense account :-( .

So, plz anyone explain, why the Google do this to me :-( …???

Plz help me about this issue…!!!

Comment by Nasheed
2009-04-02 21:44:32

its a great news for Malaysian publishers.

Comment by problogger 2u2c
2009-07-07 20:33:29

very easy when cash it via western union…al ready use it