ShoeMoney Reveals How He Made $132,994.97 From AdSense In a Month

November 8, 2007 by

I couldn’t help but felt totally in awe while reading a post over at ShoeMoney.com where he answers several frequently asked questions about the AdSense Check in his Gallery that showed him holding one worth over $100K. Keep in mind that the check was for August 2005.

Sure, it’s a link bait post but a good one at that, so it’s worth linking to. If you are looking for a real life example of publishers making insane amount of money from AdSense, check this one out. Posting the picture again will continue to “resurrect” readers’ interest and certainly create an opportunity for him to promote his sites.

adsensecheck-shoe.jpg

I quote the FAQ in full below:

1. What site was it for? What does the site do?
    The site is nextpimp. The name was kind of a joke at first… next-pimp like pimp out your nextel phone. It started as a wallpaper site for nextel phones which grew into ringtones and other stuff. All content is 100% user generated.
  2. How much of the check was profit?
    At the time my expenses were 1 server @ 299$ per month for hosting. I would say atleast 130k was profit.

3. How much of the traffic was pay per click?
    None of it was pay per click. Back then I did not know anything at all about pay per click.
  4. Where did all your traffic come from?
    About 70% of the traffic was direct 15% from search engines and 15% from referrals.
  5. How much traffic did the site get to get that much money?
    About 75k uniq per day.
  6. Why did you get a paper check and not wire?
    Back then Google did not do wire transfers for amounts of $10,000.00
  7. Do you think its possible to still earn that kind of revenue? (most often asked question)
  8. How long did it take to make revenue?
    I never tried to make any money the first 1.5 years it was running. I just concentrated on providing a good service. About 2 years after I started the site It started to do good revenue from AdSense
  9. Can you show the full month report from AdSense for that month?
    Sure.

He even includes a screenshot of his AdSense report for that particular month. With permission from Google, he discloses his CTR and CPM. Can you imagine making such insane amount of money while only spending $299 monthly on web hosting? Check out his daily income below. Now convert those to Malaysian ringgit, are you thinking what I’m thinking? :)

adsense-august-copy.gif

And that’s not even his main income, according to him, AdSense has accounted for less than 5% of the incoming revenue for his companies. In addition to that, his blog at ShoeMoney.com is pulling just under $30,000 in October from direct ad sales, 30% from affiliate programs and other sources. Obviously more than the amount John Chow made from his blog. It made my head spin just thinking about those seriously mad figures.

But it doesn’t stop there, in March 2007 he made USD709,626.81 in commission from Commission Junction. I hope that’s a typo because I started to feel a little depress right now LOL. Just joking, it’s great inspiration for everyone. I don’t know if he earned that amount as a vendor or affiliate, regardless, it’s just insane to make that much monthly.

commission-junction-shoemoney.jpg

So did you notice a running theme here? He doesn’t make money by serving AdSense or selling paid links on his blog. While creating a blog can make you rich if it’s done correctly, I believe you’ll have to explore other monetization options in order to go to the next level.

You’ll need to create sites that serve certain purposes like PlentyOfFish.com or NextPimp.com, then learn PPC and do affiliate marketing. Remember Ashley, the 17 year old teenage girl who pull in over $70K monthly from AdSense by offering free MySpace templates on her site?

That goes to show that offering a service or products that lots of people are interested in will help you make money online faster.

Now I‘m not suggesting you drop everything you are doing now and start brainstorming similar ideas and hopefully get rich next year. I am aware that there are tons of other ways to make money online and not everyone can be as successful as those above even when they create the next free dating site, or free ringtone download site or give away free Myspace templates.

Often people become successful because they are able to offer the right products/services at the right time. Some may call that luck, but I call it knowing when to act when opportunity presents itself. If we can do that, we’ll be the next ShoeMoney.

Comments

Comment by Jaxon S Subscribed to comments via email
2007-11-08 13:45:45

One word, wahlau!

Comment by pinolobu Subscribed to comments via email
2007-11-08 16:31:03

Extremely motivational.

2007-11-08 20:36:08

Bear in mind, that is a very old most and things change in the Internet world of marketing *very* quickly. What worked for Shoemoney two or three years ago is almost certainly going to be different now.

Yes it’s a great inspiration to read this stuff but don’t try to copy old methods too closely.

Comment by Mr. Rajawang
2007-11-08 23:13:16

I think Shoemoney WON the RSS competition between him and Chow… :)

2007-11-08 23:53:37

You are right, I’ve removed the line

Comment by baloot inc
2007-11-11 17:11:04

yeah… john chow is sucks…

i like shoemoney more than johnchow..

2007-11-09 15:50:12

yup…very impressive indeed…and shoemoney won..but i don’t quite understand..because only the last day did shoemoney had higher rss…wonder what tactic has he used

Comment by Raymond.CC
2007-11-09 16:19:33

75k unique per day? I am getting 35k unique per day and I am not even close to what he’s getting :P

Comment by Mr. Rajawang
2007-11-09 20:12:26

35K a day? really? wow you should be making thousands a day from adsense.. :P

Comment by Raymond.CC
2007-11-10 09:11:46

Unfortunately no :(
Not even close to 1 thousand a day from adsense.

Comment by pinolobu Subscribed to comments via email
2007-11-10 19:48:13

Raymond, are you saying you are making around USD500 per day from adsense? That still translates to about RM50,000 per month – as much as Petronas GM Tan Sri Merican officially earns!

2007-11-10 21:39:47

I think blogs in general tend to draw low CTRs so the relationship between earnings and traffic from one site to another is not always linear.

pinolobu – now that we are comparing the CEO’s salary and Internet income, USD15K seems relative low when compare to what the top Internet marketers, bloggers earn. But hey, this is Malaysia, what do I expect?

Comment by Mr. Rajawang
2007-11-11 09:25:37

you got 10K subscriber!! wow that is an achievement! you make liewcf look small.. :P

2007-11-11 13:57:37

This teaches us 2 things. People flock to sites that offer free whatever. They keep flocking as long as the free things are in fashion. If your free items are in fashion your site will have enough traffic to earn from advertising, affiliates etc….

Just keep renewing the free content.

Comment by What Sells Online! Subscribed to comments via email
2007-11-12 00:00:21

On your quote: “Often people become successful because they are able to offer the right products/services at the right time.”

I totally agree with you on that. However, I also think that some level of skill, knowledge, networking, and perseverance is required for Shoemoney’s success. I don’t think he accomplished this overnight. On this post, he did mention that he didn’t earn much during the first two years of blogging. (Unless his version of “much” differs from ours!)

However, this post really gives us bloggers the motivation to keep our efforts up in our journey of making money online!

2007-11-12 02:45:37

“some level of skill, knowledge, networking, and perseverance is required for Shoemoney’s success”

I’m not denying that but bear in mind that ShoeMoney is more of an entreprenuer than a blogger. Let me put things in prespective, no matter how hard you work selling paid links, write paid reviews and normal posts, you’ll never earn $700,000 from affiliate program and $100,000 from AdSense monthly by doing those things alone.

How many people start a blog in 2005, and how many people start offering myspace templates for free from their sites? While I’m sure there are quite a number of those bloggers who are “extremely” successful today, I have never heard anyone making $70,000 monthly from AdSense from one blog, let alone $700,000 monthly from affiliate program.

That’s what I mean by “Often people become successful because they are able to offer the right products/services at the right time” – at least when you want to go to the next level.

Comment by Steve Wong
2007-12-21 22:45:00

I also agree with the statement.

However, the hardest part is…..

What is the RIGHT PRODUCT? and When is the RIGHT TIME? hehe :P

Comment by Ken O
2007-11-13 08:07:00

reading this makes me …. kanyat-kanyat (only Sabahans knows the meaning of this)

Man! this is this is invigorating!

2007-11-13 08:11:59

See…? everyone can do this!

2007-11-13 10:33:11

Check out Shoemoney own 10 worst ideas to make money, it’ll become clear why coming up with great ideas is quite important.

2007-11-13 10:41:49

How come I never heard of this guy. Cool. Now I’m another subscriber.

2007-11-13 12:33:49

Really? Perhaps you have missed my posts where I talked about him like this one

Comment by Tim
2007-11-13 16:18:58

Im too happy if I earn $100 per day !! :)

–blog for dream–

Comment by eshark Subscribed to comments via email
2007-11-15 06:40:28

Adededehh!! Mannn.. I’m speechless.

Comment by Blends
2007-11-26 19:37:49

All we need traffic. Shoemoney make a lot of money from adsense because his site get a lot of traffic.

Comment by Surya
2007-11-28 14:47:59

Wow, that a simple thing to do. But if he start right now, can he success if only just do something like that? Because adsense right now already much popular than adsense in 2005 :|

Comment by eghy
2007-11-29 02:55:11

wow, inspirational….

Comment by Mart Rudd Subscribed to comments via email
2007-12-12 13:26:32

wow.. i wish i got 2% of that lol. right now my site only generate 1$ a day. :D

Comment by DavidTan
2007-12-17 20:39:21

Give me 10% of that per month :)

Comment by ajacx
2007-12-20 03:05:31

wa lala…i hope that i ‘ll get that much in my next project

Comment by strato
2008-02-16 18:16:15

i hope….i can..

Comment by Rosli
2008-02-20 17:08:14

Walla..just one word “Awesome”. The trick is also one word “Traffic”. A pure netpreneur. Three cheers to Shoemoney and to Gaman for posting this.

Comment by Wirawan Subscribed to comments via email
2008-02-25 15:02:41

Very motivating.

Comment by Felex Tan
2008-04-02 10:47:52

He is the god of adsense!

Comment by Chanfle Subscribed to comments via email
2008-06-03 08:27:23

How the hell he do to get that a lot of traffic??? somebody tell me pls!!!

Comment by amirulcyber
2008-07-16 15:29:38

Erm..what i understand here ,we should best service then money will follow you.

Comment by edhitok
2008-10-28 23:34:13

wawhhhh….amazing
what about the recent income?, any info?

Comment by montsa007
2008-12-15 18:02:53

Doesnt shoemoney look like a bufoon?
Add to that he is banned on dp!

Comment by Dave
2009-01-09 04:23:44

Wow wow really incredible the check of this guy.

Comment by Diana Subscribed to comments via email
2009-01-15 10:22:50

He must be a multi-millionaire by now.

Diana @ http://www.DianaTan.net

Comment by Digitalmalay
2009-06-27 07:53:24

That is so inspiring!!!

Comment by Cheap Subscribed to comments via email
2009-07-01 15:59:41

During the good age of Google.. today AdSense is for crying…