Public Bank Visa Electron Limits PayPal Withdrawal to US500 Per Day

July 31, 2008 by

Most Malaysian PayPal users are probably aware of the US500 daily withdrawal limit imposed by PayPal. It’s probably a non issue to the majority of users.

However what if the amount you want to transfer is larger than USD500?  That’s what happens to me as I am trying to transfer some USD3000 plus to my Public Bank Visa Electron card.

I’ve started receiving payments to my PayPal account from the commissions I earn from MaxBounty. I opted for the PayPal payment because MaxBounty converted my commission checks into the equivalent Malaysian Ringgit but at a lower exchange rate than what I would normally get over the counter.

By the way, if you are interested in making money promoting pay per lead programs, MaxBounty is one network that you should consider. The payouts for certain campaigns are sometimes better than what you would get from other networks. They even have offers targeted to Malaysian. Personally, I’ve been making around USD500 monthly from MaxBounty, not much I know but good enough for a passively generated income.

Anyway, at first I wondered if there’s a way to lift the USD500 daily withdrawal limit if I upgrade my account from Personal to Premium. I did that but the limit remains in effect. I contacted PayPal and here’s their reply:

This is Michael, and I am honorable to assist you with your question regarding your PayPal account.

Upon your email, I understand you would like to lift the withdrawal limit on your account.

After checking your account information, I find it has been verified, which means there is no limit on it.

However, in accordance with local financial regulation of Malaysia, there is still a $500 USD daily withdrawal limit to withdraw funds to the Visa card on your account, which can not be lifted. Please kindly understand it.

On the other hand, if you have a US bank account, I suggest you add it to your account for withdrawal. And there will be no limit to withdraw funds to that US bank account.

I hope the above explanation would be helpful for you to better use PayPal. If you have further questions, please feel free to let us know.

Thank you for being part of the PayPal community.

Sincerely,

Michael

PayPal, an eBay Company

So once I have upgraded my account to Premier, there’s actually no limit (even though I haven’t confirmed that card with PayPal) on the amount I could withdraw. Apparently the limit is imposed by Malaysia’s financial regulation so for the time being it appears that we are stuck with it.

In my case though, it’ll take 6 withdrawals to transfer the amount and will accrue (USD5 x 6) USD30 transfer fees in total. So here I am trying to transfer USD500 a day. I’ll let you guys know if the withdrawals are successful. It would take 5-7 days for each transfer to complete.

Talking about withdrawing your PayPal balance to Public Bank Visa Electron, there’s one last step you need to perform after your card is approved before you could do so. You would initially be asked by Public Bank to deposit RM25 into your account. If you do that and then try to add your card to PayPal you’ll most likely get the following error:

This credit card has been denied by the bank that issued your credit card. For details on why your card was denied, please contact your credit card issuer’s customer service department. Or, you may want to try adding a different credit card.

The reason is because in order to start transacting using your card with PayPal, you card balance has to be larger than RM25. If it isn’t, you would have to top it up over the counter of via an ATM machine. In any case, you should contact Public Bank customer service if you are still having problem.

Does anyone know of a Malaysian Visa card that doesn’t impose the USD500 daily withdrawal limit?

Comments

Comment by pinolobu Subscribed to comments via email
2008-07-31 22:24:39

This would be a good question to ask at one of those relevant local forums like wangcyber

Comment by Daddy Keaton
2008-08-01 09:42:25

Im more interested the earning USD500 per month, Ya its no big amount. But is a big amount for small fry like me :) lol..

Waiting ur 5 – 7 days Transaction update

Comment by Azmeen
2008-08-01 10:12:19

I doubt you can find any. I think it’s not a bank regulation, but one placed as part of the AMLA implementation.

Nevertheless, I hope to be proven wrong on this.

Comment by Jawa
2008-08-02 02:17:50

Usually it will take around 5 days to complete. But Public Bank exchange rate is low compare to Al-Rajhi. Al-Rajhi pay better. More than Public Bank a few cents.

Don’t bother asking your readers to join Maxbounty cause they had block registration from Malaysia.

And be prepared to be terminate by Maxbounty if your lead is not quality and you got 4 complain from merchant in a month.

That’s what happen to me. Gone my consistent $10,000 per month from Maxbounty.

Life goes on. Still had AzoogleAds and other smaller cpa networks..

2008-08-02 10:09:17

I am not aware they are blocking Malaysian although I am not surprise of such move given how some Malaysian affiliates are giving the rest a bad name. My lead is of good quality because they come from the organic search engines looking for the exact offers.

So I am not worry they will terminate the relationship. I have been promoting them since 2002 or 2003 mostly passively without problem.

The $10,000 monthly is RM was it? Have you been getting gifts from them too then? hehe

Comment by Jawa
2008-08-02 14:24:18

The non quality lead according to their merchant is where your lead that you bring is not convert at their backend offer. As you know, most of their campaign is to collect visitors email address, then everyday they will email aka spam their lead with another offer like surveys and so on. If none of your leads that you bring to them complete any of their email offer, they will assume your lead is non quality.

Merchant will ask Maxbounty to disable their link at your account. So you cannot promote that merchant again. In your account you will see “rejected” not “approved”.

If you get this complain more than 4 within one month, Maxbounty will suspend your account. No reason for that. As far as I know,talking to my affiliate manager, most offer in Maxbounty is dominated by Brandarama. They control half of offers available in Maxbounty. So if they complain about you, Maxbounty will take care for them, cause Brandarama is a big account to Maxbounty.

You are save right now cause you do not bring to much lead per day. They will not fully monitored account that do not bring too much lead per day.

What happen to me is that, I bring volume of leads per day, around 300 – 500 per leads. That’s why my account has been monitored by merchant.

$10,000 is in USD not MYR. And yeah I also got their gift – black t-shirt and others small item like you also.

2008-08-03 13:25:11

Good info. You must be spending a fortune in your PPC campaigns then. The one I am doing well with are offers unrelated to Brandarama. I don’t monitor them because as long as the pages rank high in the natural search engine result, I’ll make a profit.

As one of the most successful PPC marketers in Malaysia, a blog where you share your expertise and experience would benefit many people. Don’t you have one Jawa? hehe

Come on you just got a T-Shirt for making $10K USD monthly? They should have given you the Championship Foosball Table or 50 inch plasma screen TV hehe.

BTW, if you think you can make them money, there’s no harm writing to them personally to ask for consideration on a case by case basis and explain your position. I’ve done that several times when I tried to join several affiliate programs that disallow Malaysian registration and often I managed to get in.

Comment by Jawa
2008-08-04 01:38:05

$10,000 is only small to them. They have affiliate who making more than $100,000 per month.

I only received black t-shirt and not plasma tv, maybe my commission is not enough. I don’t think they will send you plasma tv, plus the high cost of shipping and malaysian tax.

I don’t have blog. No time to rambling. Only concentrate on my business. Doing something to increase your business is better than blogging how to teach people making money on the net.

Sorry no offense to you.

Promoting affiliate product using ppc is not easy. You must try yourself. No book or blog that can teach you to become an expert instantly.

Test, test a lot. You need to sacrifice lot of money before your campaign become profitable. That’s why is not suitable for newbie.

2008-08-06 23:37:39

Behind every successful network are super affiliates. Those pulling $100,000 monthly in affiliate marketing are not something unheard of. Though I am far from achieving that level yet (at least not yet hehe)

I could have started this blog in early 2000 but decided then to just concentrate on my business. But sharing what I’ve learned can be satisfying and it’s a way for me to give something back to the community with the hope that it would benefit those who are learning the ropes. I don’t create this blog so that I can be famous or ramble pointlessly mind you hehe.

Even the super affiliates like Jeremy Palmer or Amit Metha’s have one. Then again it’s your choice whether to start a blog or not.

Good blogs and good ebooks WILL teach you something useful only if you decide to act on what you’ve learned. They could help you avoid pitfalls and losses.

The fastest way of becoming successful is by learning from other people’s mistakes. I’ve saved lots of money, came up with tons of money making ideas by reading ebooks and other Internet marketer blogs. I know you’ve personally learned from other people experiences from some forums right?

BTW what’s your profit margin like if you don’t mind me asking? I personally like to promote pay per sale offers because the commission is much higher.

Comment by Jawa
2008-08-07 18:27:46

Every $1 spend get $4 in return. Just concentrate on your landing page to convert more.

2008-08-07 18:35:11

We are more or less them same then but it also depends on the offer.

Comment by Micheal Subscribed to comments via email
2008-08-03 09:48:21

Hai. Have anyone successfully withdraw paypal fund to public bank visa card recently? I tried to withdraw USD500 today. but there’s an error in the “amount to card”. please check out below screenshot:

Comment by titan
2008-08-03 12:03:47

i already know about that. So, its fine with me because i’m not withdraw big money everyday. Hehe..

Comment by Paul U
2008-08-06 01:32:54

Why not just withdraw it everday for the next 6 days?

You will get the exact amount!

2008-08-06 23:40:32

Well the point is that I was looking for a way to save on the withdrawal fees. If I could withdraw a large amount at once, I only have to pay US5 instead of US30.

Comment by bigcityb Subscribed to comments via email
2009-04-07 11:48:32

thanks for the helpful info, gaman.

I’m just set up an account with Paypal and still exploring its wonders.
Since this economy is virtual and intangible, I find it harder to imagine how the money goes around.

I have 2 questions which I hope you can help

1. Is Public bank visa electron a debit or credit card? I registered with my PB visa credit card.

2. For debit card, I can imagine how the money transfer back to my bank account. However, how does a credit card works?

2009-04-07 13:48:32

1. As far as I know it’s a visa debit card.
2. I have no experience with PB Visa card card as far as getting fund from PayPal is concerned. But I imagined if your card is approved, you’ll just have extra cash in your credit card account after the transfer.

Comment by bigcityb Subscribed to comments via email
2009-04-07 14:19:32

thanks gaman.

Comment by CHIN Subscribed to comments via email
2009-05-13 16:58:14

I had applied public bank debit card today and I heard that $5 will be charge when I withdraw cash from ATM machine (Is that true?). Is there any charge if I withdraw cash from public ATM? Can I transfer the cash from debit card to my public bank saving account and withdraw without $5 being charge? Please assist.

Comment by jcng08
2010-03-01 21:45:48

well latest new’s is we can withdrawal to our bank account directly.
but i still need to know , they will accept public atm visa card?

and i have a friend who did not verify with any card , he just doing the withdrawal action and get banned lolz.
are we can contact paypal with only email and call them ?
if they have an small office at malaysia should be nice….

Comment by Iqbal Subscribed to comments via email
2011-11-12 13:14:11

i just want to apply PB Visa Electron.. Thanks buddy for the info, so glad to found this very useful to me..