Google Introduces Better Payment Structure For Referrals
Posted on 3rd February, 2007
If you are currently promoting Google AdSense and AdWords referrals, now you have a good reason to push your promotion effort harder and know that you’ll compensated fairly for your effort.
Over at the Inside AdSense blog, Google has announced a new pricing structure for both programs.
You can now earn up to $255 – up from $100 previously – for each publishers you referred to the AdSense program. You’ll also get a chance to earn $2,000 bonus from your referral effort.
Here’s how it works:
- When a publisher who signed up for Google AdSense through your referral earns their first $5 within 180 days of sign-up, you will be credited with $5.
- When that same publisher earns $100 within 180 days of sign-up and is eligible for payment, you will be credited with an additional $250.
- If, in any 180-day period, you refer 25 publishers who each earn more than $100 within 180 days of their respective sign-ups and are all eligible for payout, you will be awarded a $2,000 bonus (bonus payouts are limited to 1 per year).
If you are promoting the AdWords referrals, you’ll be happy to know about the new pricing structure for this program.
- When an advertiser you refer spends $5 within 90 days of sign-up (in addition to the $5 sign-up fee) you will be credited with $5.
- When that same advertiser spends $100 within 90 days of sign-up, you will be credited with an additional $40.
- If, in any 180 day period, you refer 20 advertisers who each spend more than $100 within 90 days of their respective sign-ups, you will be awarded a $600 bonus (bonus payments are limited to 1 per year).
Interestingly, Google has decided to still reward you for referrals you made before this new pricing structure was announced.
These rules will also apply to users that you have already referred but who have not yet reached one of the new earning/spend thresholds. For example, if you referred an AdSense publisher who has currently earned $2.00, you will be paid $5.00 if that publisher reaches the $5.00 mark. But, if you have referred an AdSense publisher who has already earned $10.00, you will not be paid $5.00 retroactively for that referral reaching the $5.00 mark. However, should that publisher eventually reach the $100.00 earnings mark within 180 days, you will be paid $250.00.
Google also reminded you not to click your own referral ads and refer yourself for any product as you won’t get paid for this.
In a related news, Google has dropped the Picasa referral program from the AdSense Referrals setup pages.
There’s no official word about this yet but it looks like Picasa has been integrated into the Google Pack Referral program.
Whether the Google Pack referral commission will be increased to $3 (from $2) to take into account of the Picasa referral commission is remained to be seen.
Unlike the AdSense ads, you can specifically call attention to your AdSense referral units. Yes, you can ask your readers to click you referral ads on purpose without fear of being penalized by Google.
Actively endorse the products you refer. Unlike with AdSense for content ads, we encourage you to endorse referral products by calling attention to the button or text link. If you believe in the quality of the product that you’re referring, feel free to let your users know! Of course, in line with our policies, you may not click your own ads nor encourage conversions for deceitful reasons.