WordPress 2.2 Released
Posted on 16th May, 2007
The WordPress development has announced the release of version 2.2. This version includes a number of goodies not available in the previous version such as
- WordPress Widgets allow you to easily rearrange and customize areas of your weblog (usually sidebars) with drag-and-drop simplicity. This functionality was originally available as a plugin Widgets are now included by default in the core code, significantly cleaned up, and enabled for the default themes.
- Full Atom support, including updating our Atom feeds to use the 1.0 standard spec and including an implementation of the Atom Publishing API to complement our XML-RPC interface.
- A new Blogger importer that is able to handle the latest version of Google’s Blogger product and seamlessly import posts and comments without any user interaction beyond entering your login.
- Infinite comment stream, meaning that on your Edit Comments page when you delete or spam a comment using the AJAX links under each comment it will bring in another comment in the background so you always have 20 items on the page.
- It now protect you from activating a plugin or editing a file that will break your blog.
- Core plugin and filter speed optimizations should make everything feel a bit more snappy and lighter on your server.
- They’ve added a hook for WYSIWYG support in a future version of Safari.
In addition, new version has undergone over two hundred bug fixes , dozen of UI and accessibility improvements.
Sounds good to me. I might upgrade Sabahan.com soon to enjoy those goodies.
Download WordPress 2.2 here