17 Free Internet Marketing & SEO Tools
Posted on 17th May, 2007
One of the tools is a Backlink & Anchor Text checker which checks your backlinks and shows the link text used to link to you.
If you know who is linking to you and what text they are using in the anchor text, you can focus more on the keywords that are crucial to your ranking.
This is what JohnChow.com has done when he wanted to secure a good position for the phrase “Make Money Online” in Google. He changed his review rules where reviewers are required to use the phrase “make money online” instead of JohnChow.com when linking to his blog.
A few days after he changed the requirement, JohnChow.com was ranked in the top five of Google search result for that exact phrase.
Keep in mind though, while Google put a lot of emphasis on the anchor text, it’s just one of the hundreds of factors they used in their ranking algorithm.
Another tool that I find quite interesting is the Strongest Subpages Tool. This tool will find 30 of the strongest subpages of the domain entered, and will show how many other sites are linking to those pages.
Currently the tool returns 10 results instead of 30. I am not sure whether the tool uses other factors to rank pages besides the the link count. Besides the homepage, these are the strongest pages at Sabahan.com according to the tool.
- 50 Most Influencial Blogs in Malaysia
- Use Your Own Domain Name With Your Free Blogger.com Account
- 5 Tips and Tools To Help You Create A Killer Keyword List For Your AdWords/PPC Campaigns
- Google’s Quality Score Helps Determine AdWords Ad Delivery
- Google Starts Selling Domain Name Via Google Apps
- MSN AdCenter Has Outperformed AdWords and Yahoo! Search Marketing
- Google Do Not Allow Images Next to AdSense Ads
- Say No to Paid Blog Posts from ReviewMe and PayPerPost?
- Google, Yahoo Gain Share In U.S. Web Search Market
While personally I think there are other stronger pages at Sabahan.com which should’ve made it into the list, I find it interesting these pages are listed anyway.
On a different note, if you want to win a free domain name and free hosting, please check out our contest.
I need one more entry in order to start selecting the winner for Group 3.