Blog Content Thieves – Why You Should Report Them
Posted on 1st May, 2007
As your blog gets more popular, it’s only a matter of time before someone starts stealing your content and serve them on his/her blog as if it’s their own. That had happened to me before and I believe it will get worst as Sabahan.com becomes more popular.
Lorelle VanFossen has written a useful post to help you report blog content thieves. I am sure this post will help me and those who fall victim to content thieves.
He lists down eight reasons why you should report them
- One splog rips off content from many blogs, not just yours.
- Report for those who don’t know they’ve been ripped off.
- Report for those who do know but feel helpless in the face of so many.
- Report for those who think reporting is useless.
- Report for those who will be ripped off in the future as long as splogs continue to get away with it because no one reports them.
- Report because it is your right to protect your work.
- Report because splogs make thousands of dollars a year with your content.
- Report because it is your content. You worked hard on it. It’s your words. Own them. Let their power work for you, not someone else who did nothing and gains everything.
The post goes into details on the steps you can take to report splogs and copyright violations. Read the full story