Find Out Which Blogs Are Making You The Most Money From AdSense
Posted on 26th March, 2007
If you are running AdSense ads on several of your blogs or sites, you can find out where AdSense is earning you the most revenue using URL Channels.
You can use URL channels to track ad performance across an entire domain, across a subdomain, within directories and for individual pages.
To find out which of your domains is generating the most income, simply follow the following steps to create URL channels.
- Log in to your AdSense account and click on the AdSense Setup tab.
- Click on the Channels link beneath the tabs.
- On the sub tab ‘AdSense for content‘ (or AdSense for search), click the URL channels link and then click ‘+ Add new URL channels‘
- Enter a new URL channel, in this case the domain name without the ‘www’ in the box such as Sabahan.com
If you have several blogs such as blog1.com, blog2.com and blog3.com, just enter their domain names to create a new URL channel for each domain.
Now AdSense will start collecting your statistics almost immediately and should be available to you within a couple of hours.
To view how much each domain is earning you, you’ll need to create and save a custom report.
- On the Reports tab click on the Advance Reports link and select the ‘Channel data‘ option under Show.
- Select the newly created Active URL Channels i.e. blog1.com, blog2.com and blog3.com.
- Choose a date range and Group by radio button and then click on the ‘Display Report‘ button to view the report.
- To save the report for quick access later, enter a new name and click the Save button.
You can learn more about AdSense channels here.