What the world would be like without Google
Posted on 5th July, 2006
Warning: DOMNode::cloneNode(): ID image595 already defined in /home/vjosesabah/public_html/wp-content/plugins/social-warfare-pro/lib/social-networks/SWP_Pro_Pinterest.php on line 402
GoogleSystem has listed several interesting scenarios if Google didn’t exist.
One thing for sure, if there’s no Google, then AdSense would not exist.
People from developing countries has been profiting tremendously from Google AdSense. While a USD100 per month in earnings may not be worth the trouble to a blogger in Manhattan, it can mean the world to a blogger in India or Manila.
From a Malaysian perspective, income from AdSense allows me to do more things and helps reduce the burden of paying the car loan. Some of my income from AdSense has helped me in my Ford Escape 2.0 downpayment.
I’ve personally made over RM100,000 since 2003 from Google AdSense alone so without Google, earning this extra income won’t be possible.
Here’s the entire list:
* our mail account would still have 2MB or 4MB of storage and we would be happy about that.
* we would find a mail by manually reviewing each subject and sender.
* we would pay for software like Picasa, Keyhole (now Google Earth), Sketchup.
* many startups would not exist without Google AdSense, so there would be less innovation.
* Opera would still be shareware and ad-supported.
* our homepage would be a portal, or about:blank.
* our search engines would be cluttered, would mix ads with organic results and wouldn’t care about the users.
* we wouldn’t look for a search bar in every site.
* we would think beta software is just for the testers and it’s dangerous.
* technology news would be less exciting.
and there would probably be less millionaires working at Internet companies outside of Microsoft too.