You are a true Sabahan when…
Posted on 22nd February, 2006
A friend of mine sent me this list of things which embodied a true Sabahan, as her email said.
- You drive at right lane of the road, with a speed of only 50 KM/H.
If people horn behind you, you still don’t know what’s wrong.
- You have the luxury of working from 8 AM to 5 PM (get off work punctually).
- You don’t believe that there is any "clean" politician in Sabah.
- You feel "obligated" to reach the top of Mount Kinabalu at least
once in a lifetime.
- You prefer a big car than a big house (probably you can’t drive a
big house around to show off).
- You wear slipper and short wherever you go, even in city.
- You still think that Labuan belongs to Sabah.
- You will not go to any FREE seminar / function that has no food or refreshment.
- You don’t care about service. You just want things cheap, cheap,
- You know where to get your candles and torch light quickly in the
total darkness (due to training by frequent blackout).
- You know what "aramaitiee" means…
- You shout "referee bodoh" and at the same time throw mineral water bottles on the pitch during a football match at Likas Stadium..
- Your Timorese maid ran away with her lover, taking your money or jewellery along..
- You doubt someone’s mykad wether it is real or fake..
- Your favourite assemblyman whom you vote and supported all this while…gambled away and lost a whopping 60 million ringgit in a London casino..
- You go inside a karaoke at 12 pm and realise that the place is
still open at 5 am…
- You come across a supposedly local person but with a very foreign accent..
- You cannot vote in an election because someone has voted on behalf of you…
- You own a bakakuk
I was looking for something that’s funny and clever at the same time but they are either funny or clever but not both. Nevertheless, some items ring true for a Sabahan and some applies to Malaysian in general.
Personally I think item number
3. You don’t believe that there is any “clean” politician in Sabah
If there are more responsible politicians than the irresponsible ones, we would be on par in terms of physical and human capital development like our neighbouring Sarawak.
4. You feel “obligated” to reach the top of Mount Kinabalu at least once in a lifetime.
Who doesn’t, even the west Malaysian travel all the way to conquer her peak.
6. You wear slipper and short wherever you go, even in city.
Well for me at least. But I put on jeans more often now.
11. You know what “aramaitiee” means…
A true Sabahan knows what this means.
15. Your favourite assemblyman whom you vote and supported all this while…gambled away and lost a whopping 60 million ringgit in a London casino.
After partings with my hard earn money to pay taxes like a responsible citizen that I am, this is where our money ends up sometimes. London casino.
19. You own a bakakuk
Own three and get a death penalty.
Anybody can topped this list, I’d like to know 😉